The New York City Department of Education (DOE) is pleased to announce that starting this school year, lunch is now completely free for all students in every New York City public school. Breakfast is already provided for free and now all meals will be served at no charge to families.

If you have already added money to your MySchoolBucks account for your child’s lunches this year, or if you have a balance remaining from prior years, you will receive a full refund.

If your student is currently enrolled in school, your refund will be processed automatically.

If your student is not currently enrolled in school, please click the "Refund Portal" link below, which will direct you to our refund portal.

Please email with your questions.

Download Links:

SchoolFood Refund Portal
Download The SchoolFood App


Q: I don’t remember my son / daughter’s OSIS number. What do I do?
A: Please send an email request with your name, street address, city, state and zip code to You should also include the name and date of birth of your child. An OSIS number will be provided to you.

Q: I have more than one child who has already left the NYC school system. Do I need to make a separate request for each child?
A: Yes. A separate letter will be sent for each child containing the information to process a refund.

Q: I am not sure if my child attended schools in NYC. What do I do?
A: Please send an email request with your name, street address, city, state and zip code to You should also include the name of your child and date of birth. An OSIS number will be provided to you if they attended school in New York City.

Q. My child attended a non-public school. Will I get a refund?
A. Non-public schools were responsible for tracking the collection of Lunch Fees for students at their schools. Please contact your school directly or email us at with any questions.

Q: What if the refund amount doesn’t agree with my records?
A. Please email us at with any questions concerning your account balance.

Q: I do not own a computer. What do I do?
A. You can access our website with any electronic device that has a browser (Google, Safari, Internet Explorer) such as a smart phone or tablet. You may also access our website by asking assistance from your school or using a public computer at a library or by visiting a neighbor, relative or friend.

Q: I moved. How do I receive my refund?
A: Enter your current address on the website's Address Page. The refund will be remitted to the new location.

Q: What if the Parent/Guardian changed on the account?
A: If this has occurred, please send us an e-mail at  and we will advise you as to what is required to process your refund.

Q: I went online to request a refund but a message said that my child's account is Active. The amount displayed was less than I estimate. What should I do?
A: If your child was Active at the time the refund was processed, your check was mailed to you automatically. Please email and express your concerns.

Q: What are the most reliable browsers to request a refund?
A: Internet Explorer v.11 (or higher) and Google Chrome.